Vascular Surgery to Prevent Stroke
At Lee Health, our experts in vascular surgery are dedicated to preventing a stroke in patients with vascular conditions that place them at an elevated risk.
When you are living with a vascular condition that causes a blockage in the arteries - such as carotid artery disease or peripheral artery disease - there is an increased risk of the brain becoming deprived of oxygen. These blood vessels are responsible for carrying blood to the head, neck and other extremities.
There are different types of strokes that can affect the brain, including:
- An ischemic stroke occurs when the blood supply to the brain is blocked.
- A hemorrhagic stroke occurs when there is bleeding in the brain.
- A transient ischemic attack (TIA) is what some refer to as a “mini stroke." These can be warning signs of a serious medical condition in which the patient is at higher risk for a stroke.
There are several options that our experts in vascular surgery explore when it comes to stroke prevention. Every patient’s experience and medical history is different, and our specialists are dedicated to providing individualized care with the goal of the best possible outcome.
Some preventative treatment options:
- Lowering blood pressure through a healthy lifestyle
- Diagnosing and treating vascular disorders
- Monitoring arteries for blockages
- Avoiding excessive alcohol and substance abuse
At Lee Health, our experts in vascular surgery are dedicated to bringing you comprehensive and compassionate care to find solutions to your vascular condition. With state of the art technology and extensive knowledge, our specialists are able to diagnose and treat several vascular conditions to ensure you are living your healthiest.
LPG General & Vascular Surgery - Riverwalk Park
8380 Riverwalk Park Blvd Fort Myers, FL 33919Fax: (239) 343-9977
LPG General & Vascular Surgery - Cape Coral Hospital
708 Del Prado Blvd, Suite 3 Cape Coral, FL 33990Fax: (239) 424-2006