How to Choose a Doctor
Find a doctor who's right for you
We're here to help
It's important that you find a Lee Physician Group doctor whose education, training, location, and medical interests match your health needs. Our knowledgeable call center staff is here to help. To find the doctor who is right for you, call 239-481-4111 for a physician referral.
To search for a doctor on your own, use the Lee Health doctor finder. Here are a few handy tips:
What type of doctor do you need?
If you have an HMO plan, you must first choose a primary care physician who will refer you for specialty care if you need it. Family practitioners, internists, and pediatricians are all considered primary care physicians.
If you have a special health concern, you may want to look for a physician with in-depth training in that area. Some physicians have additional expertise in women’s health issues, heart disease, sports medicine or other areas.
What factors are most important when choosing a doctor?
The most important factor in selecting a physician is his or her background — clinical training, experience, board certification plus interests and expertise in specialized areas — depending on the care you need. The age and gender of your physician may also be important to you.
If you prefer speaking to your doctor in a language other than English, please let a referral staff member know. Or, select that language, if available, from the drop-down menu in the “Language spoken” search field.
Do you want a large group practice or a small office?
Choose the setting where you feel most comfortable, whether it is a large medical practice that offers a variety of doctors, a smaller practice or a solo practitioner’s office. No matter which location you choose, our Lee Physician Group doctors are dedicated to making you feel comfortable and giving you special attention.
Our doctors - as well as our physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and other staff members - take time to connect, learn your history, have in-depth conversations, and make you feel at ease while providing expert care.
Where is the office located?
The location and office hours should be convenient and accessible, perhaps near home or work.
If you need hospital care, where will you go?
Make sure your physician can care for you at the hospital of your choice, and that he or she would be willing to admit you to that hospital if necessary. Your options are also determined, in part, by your health insurance plan. Before you sign up with a particular plan, check to make sure it gives you access to Lee Health hospitals.
We have four adult, acute-care hospitals:
- HealthPark Medical Center: 9981 S. Healthpark Dr., in the heart of South Fort Myers. Learn more: HealthPark Medical Center
- Gulf Coast Medical Center: 13681 Doctors Way, in South Fort Myers, easily accesible from Southwest Florida International Airport and I-75. Learn more: Gulf Coast Medical Center
- Cape Coral Hospital: 636 Del Prado Blvd. in Cape Coral. Learn more: Cape Coral Hospital
- Lee Memorial Hospital: 2776 Cleveland Ave., in central Fort Myers. Learn more: Lee Memorial Hospital
We also have two specialty hospitals:
- Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida: 9881 S. HealthPark Dr., in South Fort Myers next to HealthPark. Learn more: Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida
- The Rehabilitation Hospital: 2776 Cleveland Ave., in central Fort Myers, inside Lee Memorial Hospital. Learn more: Rehabilitation Hospital
If you want to find a doctor who’s right for you, we can help. Call 239-481-4111 to speak with a physician referral specialist.