Visitors are welcome at all Lee Health hospitals. Seeing friends and family can be important in helping patients feel better. We ask that you limit in-room guests to two at a time. Visitation will not be denied because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Visiting hours vary by unit, but are generally 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Please ask your nurse for the visiting hours on your unit. There are times when the patient's need for rest or the needs of his or her roommate may require an adjustment of hours or number of visitors per visit.
Your physician or nurse will let you and your family know of any reasons that would affect visiting. We will place a “No Visitors” sign on a patient's door if they do not wish to receive company.
Visiting COVID-19 Patients
Visitation of COVID-19 patients is allowed.
- No visitors are allowed for patients receiving continuous aerosol generating treatment and procedures due to the high risk of exposure.
- Visitors must leave the room when any patient has intermittent aerosol generating treatments or procedures. The visitors must wait one hour before returning.
- Visitors should not congregate outside the patient’s room.
- Visitors should not eat or drink in COVID-19 patients’ rooms.
We ask that you check in with a nurse before entering a patient’s room. To protect patients from illness, anyone who is ill or has been in contact with a contagious disease should not visit until any danger of spreading the infection has passed. Ask a nurse if you are uncertain about possible infection.
Special Policies For Units
The Neonatal Intensive Care Units, the Pediatric Intensive Care Units, Transitional Care Units, Intensive Care Units, Skilled Nursing and others have unit-specific visiting practices. Please check with your nurse before visiting these units.
Visitors under the age of 12 are able to visit in the acute care hospitals except to intensive care units where visitation is restricted for ages 12 and under. Exceptions can be granted for compassionate care reasons.
We ask that visitors follow these guidelines:
- Social distance
- Do not smoke (smoking is not allowed anywhere on our hospital campuses)
- Check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink
- Leave the room during patient tests or treatments, if requested
- Do not visit when sick with a cold or other contagious illness
- Do not bring medications unless asked by the nurse