The Rehabilitation Hospital is a 60-bed comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation facility located within Lee Memorial Hospital. We provide an array of physical medicine and rehabilitation options for patients with functional limitations caused by injuries and acquired and congenital conditions.
The Rehabilitation Hospital’s team – which includes physicians, psychologists, nurses, radiologists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, social workers, and many others – aims to foster an improved quality of life for both adult and pediatric patients.
- Established: 1987
- Type of Facility: Acute Care
- Number of Rehabilitation Beds: 60
- Age of Patients Treated: 8 years old and above
- The General Program at the Rehabilitation Hospital is accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Hospitals (CARF) for adults and children 8 and above.
- The Rehabilitation Hospital holds a specialty certification in stroke and brain injury management for adults; and is a member of the Lee Memorial Health System trauma team.
- The Rehabilitation Hospital employs more than 165 individuals, three attending physiatrists, a medical staff of more than 1,000 and benefits from the generosity of several volunteers.
- The Rehabilitation Hospital has also been designated a “Center of Excellence” by the Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association (NDTA) for the adult population. The first of its kind in the Nation.
Number of Persons Served
In the 12 month period of October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018, the Rehabilitation Hospital discharged 1,281 patients delivering more than 16,561 days of patient care with an average length of stay of 12.9 days.
Ages of persons serviced are 8 years and older.
|8-12 years old:||0|
|13-18 years old:||6|
|19-40 years old:||73|
|41-64 years old:||388|
|65-105 years old:||814|
Conditions and Diagnoses Served
The case mix of impairment groups served by the Rehabilitation Hospital are listed below.*
|Traumatic Brain Injury||64||5.0%|
|Non-Traumatic Brain Injury||81||6.3%|
|Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury||13||1.0%|
|Non-Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury||39||3.0%|
|Fractured Lower Extremity||104||8.1%|
|Amputation Lower Extremity||50||3.9%|
|Major Multiple Trauma
w/o Brain or Spinal Cord Injury
|Major Multiple Trauma
w/Brain or Spinal Cord Injury
Upon completion of their stay at the Rehabilitation Hospital from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018, patients were discharged to the following settings:
and severity adjusted)
|Discharge to Community
(patient goal) 995 patients met their discharge goals
|Discharge to Skilled Facility or Other Alternate Level of Care-177 patients||13.8%||12.8%|
|Discharge to Acute Care-104 patients||8.1%||8.3%|
*Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation: Case Mix Group Adjusted Report Copyright 2018 UDSMR – U. B. Foundation Act. Inc. (October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018)
Patient and Family Satisfaction
Surpassing the expectations of our patients and families is our goal. We currently utilize Catalyst, an independent firm, as our satisfaction tool. In the 12-month period from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018 our patients rated the Rehabilitation Hospital Top Box (patients rating very good care) score at 79.7 percent.
Our Strategic Goals
The strategic goals of the Rehabilitation Hospital are aligned with those of Lee Health, and are a guide for advancing our vision and building a bright future.
- Exceptional Patient Experience: We will deliver a caring and compassionate experience every time.
- Coordinated Care Model: We will empower healthier lives through personalized coordinated care
- Excellent Health Outcomes: We will provide safe, effective care to ensure the best health results for those we serve.